Maryland Defensive Driving
Call (410) 363-7483 to request a class.
Elite Driving School offers a comprehensive defensive driving program. This program is great resource for individuals or companies with fleets, who want to promote safety, refresh driver awareness, and show driver how to stay safe on the road. The course will include approximately 2.5 hours of classroom education. This course can be taken as is or tailored to meet your company's specific needs. Topics to be cover are:
Review current laws that may not be known and fines that could be incurred including texting, seat belts, 4 way stop as disabled traffic light, etc.
Show difference between the length and width of the vehicles being driven "on the job" and passenger/SUV vehicles that are driven in personal situations.
- Pre-entry check to make sure the vehicle is safe to drive.
- References within the vehicle to judge spatial areas
- Mirror setting to enhance a blind-spot reduction
- Proper way to check for gaps including head checks before leaving curb or making lane changes, and approaching intersections
- Proper use of parking brake
- Proper backing techniques
- Review of lines, signs and traffic control devises
- Interacting with Other Vehicles on the road
- Train tracks
- School busses
- Tracker trailers
- Emergency vehicles
Search, Evaluate, Execute (Expecting the unexpected from others on the road, preventing accidents, leaving enough time to eliminate unnecessary risks)
Film: Using Your Eyes Effectively
- Driving maneuvers
- Left turn at intersection
- Lane changes
- Blocked travel path
- Passing – when it is allowed?
- Shared left turn lane
Distractions: (Eating, Texting – addressed above)